Update 2: Before using the script, ensure that you can build tesseract for your host system normally. Also, I only tested the script with the v3 release of tesseract, not svn HEAD. If you get build errors, please try with rev 498.
Update: The script has been updated, thanks mostly to the prompting of fopen2003 in the comments below. I’ve successfully tested the resulting libs in both Simulator and an iPhone 4 (both at iOS4.x) using the PocketOCR project.
After many requests, I finally got around to looking into updating the build script to cross-compile tesseract ocr v3 for use with iPhone. Here’s the script. It seems to build the static, fat library without error. I haven’t tried to update my app to use it yet, so I really don’t know if it even works. Let me know in the comments if it actually does indeed work.
- Check out the svn source of tesseract: http://code.google.com/p/tesseract-ocr/source/checkout
- Copy this script into the source directory and run from there